Effective Date : August 20, 2012
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- We may collect the following personal information from you :
- Contact information such as name, email address, street address, and phone number
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address
- Demographic information such as age, gender, interests, country and zip code
- Unique identifiers such as user name and password
- Preference and other information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences and cell phone carrier
- We or one of our trusted partners may use this information to :
- Send you requested updates and newsletters about an artist, type of music or related special offers
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send a one-time email or e-card to your friends upon your request when you provide their email address
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns
- Administer your account
- Process information submitted with a job application
- Send you marketing communications
- Administer promotions and sweepstakes you enter and notify you of the results
- Improve our marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
Social Networks/Online Communities
We may provide your personal information to companies that help us with our business activities such as processing credit card transactions, shipping your order, assisting us in site operations, providing customer service and delivering email newsletters. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services.
- We may also share your personal information :
- With reputable third parties in whose products or services we think you may have an interest, with your prior consent to do so
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
You may choose to stop receiving newsletters, updates or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
If you choose to join a mobile marketing list, please be aware that there are usually costs associated with receiving SMS (text) or MMS (multimedia) messages depending on your wireless carrier and plan. You should check with your mobile carrier to determine what charges apply before signing up to receive our updates via your mobile phone. If you would like to stop receiving messages from us on your mobile phone, please reply to the message with "STOP." You may also contact your wireless carrier for additional information on receiving or stopping mobile messages.
We may collect information as you browse our site(s) such as the domain name, Internet Service Provider, browser type and version, operating system and device type, average time spent on our site(s), pages viewed, information accessed, the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other relevant statistics. Such information is sometimes referred to as web analytics and/or clickstream data.
We and some of our third party partners may use Flash cookies to store some of your preferences or personal information.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive billing information on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). If you choose to use a third party payment option to pay for your order, its privacy statement and security practices will apply to your information. We encourage you to read that privacy statement before providing your information.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after receipt. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Children – We do not attempt to collect any personal information from those under the age of 13. If you feel that we have unknowingly collected information from someone under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and this information will be removed.
For more information on how to protect your children online, please visit www.onguardonline.com for social networking safety tips.
Changes To This Policy